This has been a tricky name to trace as most of my Lozuet members were female and therefore the name has slowly disappeared down the line. The way my family pronounce this surname is ‘L-o-e-z-w-a-y’ or ‘L-o-z-w-a-y’.
Spelling variations: Lozue, Lozuet, Lozouet
Jean Louis Desire Lozue was born c.1840’s. His occupation was a seaman. His wife was Elsie Elizabeth Le Brocq of St. Ouens. Their children were:
- Eliza Lozue – born 21st June 1864. Eliza married Octave Theobald Duthel and moved to England to live. In 1892 she gave birth to their son Octave Theobald ‘John’ Duthel.
- John Lozue – born 23rd April 1866
John Lozue (b.1866) then went on to marry Clara Anna Mabey. Their children were:
- Clara Eliza Lozuet – b.1895 (my great grandmother).
- Ada Florence Lozuet - born 15th August 1897 in St. Helier. Ada married John Norton Amy.
- Violet Florence MabeyLozuet - born 4th Nov. 1898 in St. Helier.
- Mabel Maud Lozuet – born 14th 1902 in St. Helier. Mabel married Francis Benest. Ada gave birth to their daughter Mabel Maud Benest.
- Elsie Lilian Lozuet - born 16th October 1907 in St. Helier. Elsie married Norman Arthur Norton in Birmingham, England.
Clara Eliza Lozuet (b.1895) marries George Perchard Davey (my great grandfather). They have a son Kenneth George Davey (my grandfather).
(Notice how the letter ‘t’ has now been added to the end of the surname).
Sadly the Lozuet name has died out within my family as the last generation were all girls.